Cleaning Injector Socket & Connectors

[ Facebook comments]

Technical Problems, Diagnosis & Solution, DIY & Improvement

Postby wirahijau » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 pm

I remember reading somewhere or from some bros that you could insert a plastic clip/stick at the side to make the connector holding tighter together. Perhaps you can give this a try because your issues related to connection loose.

Update.
After last posting my rex ok already,check engine totally off for past 400-500km
Now can feel merc vfc(behr) oohhhmm hehehehe.
Feel very light to go from 0-100kmh.
But still not brave enought to full throthle.

For plastic clip most of the connector burn already, so that thing automatic diy by nature already.
What i scare that 4th body connector inside also burn so both electrode is just hanging as picture above showing the connector after pull out
Scare if full throthle then electricity can jump between them

Wil go to sc to get them fixed
wirahijau

Postby r3xt0n » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:17 am

Update.
After last posting my rex ok already,check engine totally off for past 400-500km

For plastic clip most of the connector burn already, so that thing automatic diy by nature already.
What i scare that 4th body connector inside also burn so both electrode is just hanging as picture above showing the connector after pull out
Scare if full throthle then electricity can jump between them

Wil go to sc to get them fixed

Good that you have identify the cause of the problem. Why don't you just replace the plastic bracket/socket, don't need SC to do that. Who knows if SC maybe wanting you to replace the entire injector?
r3xt0n

Postby wirahijau » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:27 am

Good that you have identify the cause of the problem. Why don't you just replace the plastic bracket/socket, don't need SC to do that. Who knows if SC maybe wanting you to replace the entire injector?

Plan to do it myself also but call ee lee they said they didnt have stock. From my knowledge only sc have it.
So no choice,inform me if u got any other spare part shop have it
wirahijau

Postby r3xt0n » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:28 am

Update.

You should join the Group Buy for the Performance Vacuum Hose, should feel even more lighter.
r3xt0n

Postby rex4585 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:56 am

Plan to do it myself also but call ee lee they said they didnt have stock. From my knowledge only sc have it.
So no choice,inform me if u got any other spare part shop have it

Heard that the sockets and wires for injectors comes in a set and not available separately. Let us know if you can get spare sockets. Also tell us more about your VFC. Worth changing?
rex4585

Postby wirahijau » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:35 am

Heard that the sockets and wires for injectors comes in a set and not available separately. Let us know if you can get spare sockets. Also tell us more about your VFC. Worth changing?

My rex still good but have to raise fund as other socket condition also not very good.
Today unable to change socket due to no stock.sc suggest to change wire harness to engine coz so many socket to change.
They will call me back once got stock,if not no choice have to change new wire harness.

For vfc the price very worth it with improvement,i think our is full time 4wd n need more power on start before reach enough inertia
after changing very easy get 0-100kmh.but that day clean cat converter also hehehehe.
Highway full speed still not brani to try with current cond, max 150 itupun masa kejar teerex(terserempak kat s.buluh h'way) rabu lepas
For temperature,noticed same after change vfc although stuck in jam at kl past 2 day
wirahijau

Postby r3xt0n » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 am

My rex still good but have to raise fund as other socket condition also not very good.
Today unable to change socket due to no stock.sc suggest to change wire harness to engine coz so many socket to change.
They will call me back once got stock,if not no choice have to change new wire harness.

For vfc the price very worth it with improvement,i think our is full time 4wd n need more power on start before reach enough inertia
after changing very easy get 0-100kmh.but that day clean cat converter also hehehehe.
Highway full speed still not brani to try with current cond, max 150 itupun masa kejar teerex(terserempak kat s.buluh h'way) rabu lepas
For temperature,noticed same after change vfc although stuck in jam at kl past 2 day

For the plastic socket, anyway to DIY to make a quick fix? The only purpose is to have a tight connection. My workshop fixed my SSPS with broken socket and connector leg with soldering a wire to replace the leg and then pour glue to seal the wire up. Working fine till now. If not, will cost about RM1k for a new original replacement.

Perhaps you can post your feedback on MB Recond VFC at the VFC thread. I will be trying out with our Ipoh Panel Workshop to service the VFC, so it could be even cheaper for all bros with tight VFC. MB Recond VFC also running out of stock quickly. hahahaha
r3xt0n

Postby wirahijau » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 am

For the plastic socket, anyway to DIY to make a quick fix? The only purpose is to have a tight connection. My workshop fixed my SSPS with broken socket and connector leg with soldering a wire to replace the leg and then pour glue to seal the wire up. Working fine till now. If not, will cost about RM1k for a new original replacement.

Perhaps you can post your feedback on MB Recond VFC at the VFC thread. I will be trying out with our Ipoh Panel Workshop to service the VFC, so it could be even cheaper for all bros with tight VFC. MB Recond VFC also running out of stock quickly. hahahaha

Cant diy due to very tight space.if open out injector n solder it can try.
Try to search halfcut in kl that day for that socket,all halfcut claimed not bring in 270cdi they only bring ggasoline engine.

This weekend got meeting in ipoh will try to search there also,will singgah to our panel w'shop to check atf level. R3xt0n is it the place u bring me before.?can try ask them to search it also .(socket)
wirahijau

Postby teerex » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Bro,
Apa ?? 150km kejar aku kat sg. buloh??? aku bawa 110km aje ha ha ha!
teerex

Postby r3xt0n » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 am

Cant diy due to very tight space.if open out injector n solder it can try.
Try to search halfcut in kl that day for that socket,all halfcut claimed not bring in 270cdi they only bring ggasoline engine.

This weekend got meeting in ipoh will try to search there also,will singgah to our panel w'shop to check atf level. R3xt0n is it the place u bring me before.?can try ask them to search it also .(socket)

How about Scrap or Claim Shop? Ipoh won't have many, KL should have more.

Right, the same workshop that you been too behind Hill City Hotel.
r3xt0n

Leave a comment

PreviousNext

Return to Rexton Chat