Where to buy Hyunkai absorbers?

[ Facebook comments]

Technical Problems, Diagnosis & Solution, DIY & Improvement

Where to buy Hyunkai absorbers?

Postby HolgiB » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi guys,

went today to my workshop to change my rear absorbers. They don't even know the brand "Hyunkai" and offered me RM 200 for the original Ssangyong absorbers. But the Hyunkais are around 100+. They are clueless where to get.

Can someone tell me a source? I need to change them tomorrow, want to go on a trip with my Rexi on Monday.

I also need good oil to a reasonable price. There workshop asked for RM 180 for 8L oil.
HolgiB

Re: Where to buy Hyunkai absorbers?

Postby HolgiB » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:04 pm

I managed to get the original absorbers for RM 110 today. The guy at the parts shop was not that convinced about Hyunkai. He offered me the Hynkai for RM 90, but recommended the original Ssangyong which I bought then.

For 7L High Performance Pennzoil Gold Oil I paid RM 85, the oil filter was RM 28.

If somebody was to go there to buy parts just PM me and I will send the address of the shop. Its in PJ, Bandar Utama.
HolgiB

Postby Wilson » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:17 pm

HolgiB wrote:I managed to get the original absorbers for RM 110 today. The guy at the parts shop was not that convinced about Hyunkai. He offered me the Hynkai for RM 90, but recommended the original Ssangyong which I bought then.

For 7L High Performance Pennzoil Gold Oil I paid RM 85, the oil filter was RM 28.

If somebody was to go there to buy parts just PM me and I will send the address of the shop. Its in PJ, Bandar Utama.

Is the brand of your original absorbers Mando? For RM110, it is a good price. Hyunkai absorber is harder compared to Mando. Each has their preference, some prefer comfortable suspension while some prefer solid handling.

What is the grade of the Engine Oil you mentioned? For Rexton, it required at least CI4 and preferably meeting MB229.1 spec. Be caution with Engine Oil from spare part shop to make sure it is not recycle one. For Rexton, it require 8.5 litre, better to fill to higher limit if you are not using the right grade as it tends to consume after usage because of the extreme high heat and pressure of our common rail turbo engine.
Wilson

Postby Kenny_4744 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 am

Which shop can I get Mondo Absorber?
Can you pm me the contact and address.

Thanks
Kenny_4744

Postby Wilson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 am

Kenny_4744 wrote:Which shop can I get Mondo Absorber?
Can you pm me the contact and address.

Thanks

Maybe you should PM Bro HolgiB so that he is aware of your question.

If not, you can also get Mando Absorber from

PH Auto
No.7, Jalan 21/17,
Sea Park,
46300 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
Tel: +603-7877 2288 or +603-7877 1918

Click here for Google Map
Wilson

Leave a comment

Return to Rexton Chat